Sunday, April 26, 2009

First Chemo: Halfway Update....

....and I've felt better, I must say. I don't feel horrible, but enough to have it be annoying. The odd thing is that one day I will feel pretty good and then the next day, I will feel like junk.

Each day since chemo, I have had at least one of the following side effects, but usually its two or three at a time:

  • Headache (can't take anything for it - sucks)
  • Stomach cramps
  • Jaw pain and sore mouth (think that's from Prednisone)
  • Muscle aches
  • Insomnia, yet tired (go figure)

Although these are not fun, I have still been trying to do what I can to stay active. I've gone for long walks and worked out at home with free weights, but it's really unmotivating. I am going to see what I can do about going to the gym. My body's gone to crap because I've lost so much muscle and its been replaced with so much fat, that I feel pretty gross. I really need to work out at the gym where I can at least try to get some decent exercise. I'm supposed to avoid crowds and stuff because my immune system is shot and I can get sick easily, but I am hoping that if I go to the gym during non-peak hours, that I will be fine. I will give it a shot and see! Otherwise, I might go nutso.

On another topic, I heard bad stories and received warnings from family, friends and the nurses that coming off the Prednisone can be ugly, but I didn't seem to have any side effects for this first time. No nasty mood swings or anything. The good thing about getting off it was that my mouth isn't sore anymore.

No hair loss yet - fingers are crossed!

No puking yet - although, I've felt like it a few times so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment