Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Second Chemo: Check!

I'm 1/4 of the way done! The chemo session was pretty uneventful and I was feeling pretty good until last night. My lovely headache side effect kicked in during the late afternoon and I've had it ever since. Didn't get much sleep last night, and I'm still in bed hoping it will eventually go away. Stomach is a bit unhappy, but nothing too major. I'm hanging in there.

No crash from coming off the Prednisone yet (unless that is what is causing the headache). Maybe I'll luck out and my head won't spin around in circles like everyone has been telling me?

As for the hair, I noticed a LOT in the shower the other day. I'm thinking it might be partially in my mind because the doctor told me last Monday that I should start to see some hair thinning after my second treatment. I'll see what happens next time I wash it. It might be fine!

4 comments:

  1. When I had my gastric bypass - one of my 'side effects' was hair loss. I noticed that if I skipped a few days of washing (trying to keep the hair!) it seemed like there was half a head of my hair in the drain. ACK! So, you may not be loosing what you think if you are washing every few days. It just seems like tons cause it's built up. :) No vomit! Way to go! Headaches blow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't wash it every day, so I know what you mean about the extra falling out. This time was more than it usually is after not washing it....so I'll just keep an eye on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your headache - that sounds pretty yucky. Still thinking about you all the time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cindy,
    You're getting there... the worse is over. Our prayers are with you. When this is over, watch out for the BIG party! I love your pic and your attitude is so positive, you'll get through all of this. I just know it. Get better soon chicky xoxox Diana

    ReplyDelete