Monday, April 6, 2009

And, your treatment recipe is......

R-CVP. That is my treatment recipe. I was like "what the heck is that" and "how does one get that"? I have a cancer nurse officially assigned to me, so I can ask her all of the questions I want! Poor lady!

R-CVP is 4 different types of cancer drugs:
  • Rituximab
  • Cyclophosphamide I.V.
  • Vincristine
  • Prednisone

Say those 5x fast!! Holy crap.

I will need to get a treatment every 3 weeks, for 8 cycles. So, this means 6 months of chemo. My first appointment is April 16th and it is going to last for 8 hours. The Hematologist told me that I would be, and I quote, "snowed". Can doctor's say that?! At any rate, after that 8 hour session, all others should only take around 4 hours. After I finish my 6 months of chemo, I am not totally off the hook. I still have to get Rituximab once every 3 months for the next two years. During all of chemo via I.V., I'll continue to get scans and blood tests....hence continuation of the human pin cushion! I might whistle if I flap my hands around too fast because of all the holes they are going to make in me with needles!

No comments:

Post a Comment