Monday, April 6, 2009

Oh! A lump! Hmmmm.

Over the past 3 or 4 years, I've worked really hard to live a healthy lifestyle. I've changed my eating habits quite a lot (although they are not perfect) and I've always been physically active. I've lifted weights, taken spinning classes, gone to pilates, had personal trainers, ran a couple of 10ks and a half marathon, played soccer, started kickboxing....tons of things to get healthy and burn fat and feel energetic.

Instead, I felt tired. Tired all the time. I would come back from personal training at the gym in the morning and start to fall asleep on the drive. After JUST working out. This is not normal, I'd say. Usually this would be the time that most people would be full of energy and ready to start their day. Instead, I was trying to wake myself up just to get into the shower. Sucked.

Back in September, I noticed a pea-sized lump in my groin where my leg bends at my hip. At the time, I was doing some pretty hefty personal training. My trainer had me doing 10 sets of 10 repetitions....so for example 100 bench presses, 100 bicep curls, 100 squats, etc. I just chalked it up to crazy workouts. Then, about a week later I noticed a second lump that was a little above the first one. I asked my trainer if it may be workout related. I thought maybe I had a muscle tear or something and that was the result. I didn't pay much attention to it, but then I noticed it kept growing....slowly....but it kept growing in size.

After Todd bugged me enough to get it checked out, I went to my family doctor in December. She checked both lumps out and said she wasn't concerned because she could move them around (meaning they weren't likely cancerous tumors - you usually cannot move those around). She told me to come back in two months and she'd check the state of them to see if there was any change.

Back to the doc I went in February. The one lump grew in size again. We all know what this means. Bring on the barage of tests!

No comments:

Post a Comment